Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Another Crazy Week...

Things will calm down eventually... Right?!

Sunday morning at 445 I woke up to Ethan puking. In our bed... He ran a fever all day but no other symptoms. Except for feeling too bad to play and just laying around all day. His fever got almost to 102. I didn't give him anything for it, just let his body do its thing. If it would've gone over 102 I would've given him some Tylenol. By bedtime his temp was only slightly elevated, and by Monday morning everything was fine. I don't know what was going on but evidently his body fought it off! I think the reason he threw up is he had milk right before bed, and with getting sick, it didn't sit too well!

Monday afternoon I ended up bringing someone to the ER and was there till almost 8pm. Since it was so late we ordered in but I got my noncheating Chili's dinner. Tuesday I had errands to run with Mom and we ended up eating out again. Cheated this time - ate a mushroom swiss burger but I ordered broccoli with it instead of fries. Today I had to be up real early to bring the same person to have a scope done as a follow-up to the ER visit. That's where I am now. I only got a few hours sleep and I am exhausted! I would try to find somewhere in this building to get coffee or go across the street to the hospital's coffee shop but I have Gabriel and his big diaper bag and don't want to lug everything with me :-P May run through the CC's drive-thru on the way home though!

So, this week I've dealt with a sick kid, someone else with medical issues, not gotten enough sleep (some people function fairly well on little sleep, but not me!), have eaten out 2 days in a row, cheated once, and not drank enough water.

It's gotta get better from here, right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment