Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Day 2 is Underway

I was up late so the boys and I slept in. Jesse offered to watch them after they woke up so I could get a bit more sleep. So I got some extra dozes in :-)

I'll be leaving for the store soon. Thinking of what veggies I want for my soup... And trying to mentally prepare myself for the temptation! Lots of prayer...

It's not just the mental aspects of the flush that are hard. For someone who normally eats fruits and veggies, but a good bit of (whole grain) carbs and (lean) protein as well, it is physically tough on my body! It's only 3 days, but it's a challenge...

As for how I'm feeling today... The apple cider doesn't taste quite so sweet :-) I drank almost 32 oz of water during the night. I was so thirsty! But my stomach was completely empty when I began this process yesterday. I'm tired. Partially from not enough sleep over the past couple days, partially from not hardly eating yesterday, partially from not having carbs or protein for over 40 hours now.

Looking forward to my hearty soup! Satisfying for body and mind :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment