Friday, March 19, 2010

Today's Meals (and a recipe)

I caught big packs of sirloin steak on sale yesterday and I took advantage! We've been eating steak salads once or twice a week so it was great to get it cheaper! I cooked enough for our salads for lunch then bagged the rest to freeze.

For supper we had Chili "Burgers" on whole wheat buns and Herbed Potatoes. Yummy! I had some cookies too. Not real sugary ones though. I had the munchies so bad! Probably hormonal...

Here's the recipe for the potatoes:

HERBED POTATOES

1 2/3 lbs potatoes, sliced thin
4 shallots, chopped fine
2 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped fine
1 tsp. dill
Salt
Pepper
6 tbsp. butter, melted

Preheat oven to 400. Spray an 11x7 pan with Pam.

Combine herbs, salt, and pepper. Toss potato slices with herb mixture until coated evenly. Place evenly in pan. Top with butter.

Bake, covered, for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes or until the top is crispy.

No comments:

Post a Comment