Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Today's Meals

Breakfast - Slept through

Lunch - Crockpot turkey breast - bone-in turkey breast, couple tablespoons brown sugar, sliced garlic cloves (4 large), and whole black peppercorns. It cooked for about 12 hours in my big crockpot! It didn't need to cook that long but I put it on before bed and slept in. I ate a salad with it.

Supper - We had a rough evening... I didn't have anything quick for supper and it was getting late so I picked up take-out - Chili's. I will definitely order this meal again! So yummy and filling and I didn't even cheat! I had:
Oldtimer Burger w/black bean patty (substituted for beef patty) - black bean patty, mayo, mustard, lettuce, tomato, and avocado slices on a wheat bun Fries w/ketchup
Corn on the cob w/butter

It was sooo good! It's so hard to find low protein options... The only supper-time takeout I had found before this that wasn't a cheat was Chinese - veggie stir-fry or veggie lo mein. But I'm sure this had a lot less MSG! Hopefully my body will do okay with it! I have a slight MSG reaction from the Chinese when I eat it so I'm hoping this is better!

After I ate, I had a small bite of Jesse's shrimp and pasta. I used to get it sometimes but with the chicken instead of shrimp. And know what? It didn't taste as good as it used to! But my supper sure tasted good! That's happened quite a few times lately. My tastes are changing more toward the "right" combinations of food... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment