Monday, March 22, 2010

Today's Food + A Guiding Principle

Breakfast - 1/2 cup of coffee (with a little bit of demarara and 1/2 and 1/2), 1 serving raisins 2 hours later
Lunch - at Outback - 1 bite of Jesse's pasta, 1 bite of the shrimp and crab appetizer, and my meal was a sirloin steak and double serving of broccoli
Supper - Romaine salad, leftover baked fries, and a piece of bread from Outback
Between lunch and supper I had 1 small square Ghirardelli chocolate (72%) spread with a little peanut butter (peanuts and salt only). My hormones were kicking and I had been craving PB and chocolate all day! Rather than a sugary peanut butter cup, I made my own which was tastier and very low in sugar!

GUIDING PRINCIPLE

For years now I've used this to help my decisions about what to eat - I look for foods that are as close as possible to the way God made them. This means whole foods, minimum processing, and minimum chemicals. I do cook them but you get the idea! For example, I buy whole wheat pasta. Brown rice. I cook whole grain pancakes (and they're yummy!). Ethan drinks organic milk and eats organic yogurt. Etc. These foods are the healthiest, and my body does best with them. Ironically, they're also usually the most expensive :-(

Hey, did anyone watch Food, Inc yet???

No comments:

Post a Comment