Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Update - Gallbladder Attack - 1115ish

It got so bad that I couldn't keep a sip of tea down! I could taste the bile in my vomit... I called my natural health place and explained the situation. They advised me to call my doctor and get something to stop the vomiting. So I did.

But before I could leave for the pharmacy, my pain got worse. I realized my Lortab had worn off so I took some more. A few minutes later I had an excruciating pain. It was so bad I could not breathe! I started to panic then told myself to calm down and try to take a slow, deep breath. The pain had decreased just enough that I was able to get that slow, deep breath. So I took another. It was then that I realized 2 things - The Lortab and tea I took it with had stayed down! And the pain I was feeling was in a different spot! I found a semi-comfy position to sit in, supporting myself on a small trash can in case I needed to vomit again. A while later I realized I had started to doze off...

I haven't moved too much yet. Scared to! I have taken a few more sips of tea that have not even threatened to come back up. I put down the trash can and situated my pillow to lean on instead. So far so good!

I am almost positive the stone moved and is not stuck anymore :-) I think the extreme pain I felt was when it moved. My gallbladder is still sore, but nothing like it was!

I will start the flush today as planned. Later I'll go pick up my prescription to have on hand. Always nice to have antinausea meds for when you need them!

And the moral of this story of 7+ hours of PAIN - no more Mexican restaurants for a LONG time! Btw, I've eaten fatty food occasionally lately with no problem. I'm guessing last night it was a combination of fatty food and MSG that did me in...

Hoping the pain stays away!

No comments:

Post a Comment