Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Soup's On!

I'm back from the store, and the soup is cooking! I went to 2 stores. The first was a natural foods store where I picked up some supplements we needed and a few other things. I even walked down the cookie aisle without being tempted! But then I got to the grocery store...

As soon as I walked in the door, I could smell seafood cooking. There was a table set up right at the entrance demo'ing shrimp and cookies and I don't know what else. Yikes! I had to walk through the bakery and deli to get to the produce section. I made it without being too tempted. I actually enjoyed walking around looking at the fresh veggies deciding what I wanted :) Some of the fresh wasn't very, fresh, but I was able to get frozen. I picked up a few other things we needed while I was there. And then on to the cookie aisle! Jesse's been asking for a certain kind of cookie and Walmart (where I usually shop) doesn't carry them so I picked up a bag to surprise him. He's been working so hard he deserves a treat! Then on to the soup aisle to get the veggie broth. They were out :( I found an employee who confirmed that there was none in the back. Sooo I could either go back to the natural foods store and get some there, or just make do with water and put extra seasoning. I opted for going home!

So here's the list of what's in the soup:
Bell pepper (frozen)
Green beans (frozen)
Carrots (frozen)
Squash (frozen)
Zucchini (fresh)
Eggplant (fresh)
Poblano pepper (fresh)
Baby spinach (fresh)
Baby portabella mushrooms (fresh)
Onion (fresh)
Garlic (fresh)
Seasonings - Basil, oregano, Italian seasoning, parsley, Mrs. Dash, kosher salt (I may be forgetting something since I just grabbed and added from my spice shelf!)

It smells so good! I still haven't eaten anything. I was hungry when I woke up but less hungry as the day went on. Plus I was on the go. I think if I was home I would've eaten.

I'm doing good with my apple cider! I've drank about 40 oz in the 3 1/2 hours I've been up. My goal is to get in all 64 oz before we leave for church tonight but we'll see how it goes!

1 comment: