Thursday, March 25, 2010

Lotsa Lettuce!

Jesse and I ate salads with leftover turkey in them for lunch. We ate almost 2 whole Romaine hearts! Jesse ate 2 big salads and I ate one and a little more.

I still find it surprising that Jesse enjoys salads every day so much! When we met, he ate very few veggies. And zero salad. I used to make him salads with lots of meat and cheese and just a little lettuce. Then over the years I gradually increased the amount of lettuce. Now he'll eat a salad consisting of nothing but lettuce and salad dressing! He'll eat Romaine, spring mix, etc, not just iceberg. We never eat iceberg... Ethan loves salad too! It's really important to me that he grows up eating healthy, nutritious foods instead of the junk most kids are fed! The same goes for Gabriel when he starts solids.

Jesse and I agree that this turkey breast came out the best so far! I used a recipe the first time I made it that called for brown sugar, garlic, and fresh rosemary. It came out okay, but I wasn't real thrilled with the rosemary taste. The next time I left it out but it tasted like it needed something else. This time I substituted a handful of peppercorns for the rosemary and YUM! It came out sooo good! I also sliced the garlic this time. It ended up being it the crockpot for over 12 hours so it was really tender! Tender, juicy, and great flavor! I don't think I'll play with the ingredients anymore. For now ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment