Friday, March 5, 2010

More Mexican

You would think since my last real meal, the one that sent me into the attack, was Mexican, I'd want to stay away from Mexican for a while. Right? WRONG-O! Actually, I love Mexican food but it's a challenge doing it with no cheese:-( So here is another of my creations...

8 servings instant brown rice
10 oz mild Rotel
Handful chopped bell pepper (I used frozen)
Water to prepare according to package directions
1 large can refried beans, warmed
3 green onions, chopped
Cumin, onion powder, garlic powder

Cook rice according to package directions, adding bell pepper and Rotel with the rice. When rice is done, stir in remaining ingredients.

I wish I would've had some fresh tomatoes to add as well. I bet this would even be good added to a salad with ranch dressing. Hmmm... I may see tomorrow's supper coming together with the leftovers...

No comments:

Post a Comment