Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Rough Few Days...

We lost my grandmother Saturday night :-( The funeral was this morning so Jesse and the boys and I drove over yesterday evening and stayed the night at a hotel. Five meals in a row of not eating at home... So here's how I did:

Monday lunch - Veggie sub and baked chips from Subway.

Monday supper - Shoney's buffet. BBQ rib, green beans, corn, red beans and rice, buttery roll - a little of each. (cheat meal)

Tuesday breakfast - Waffle and coffee. (I felt like I needed something more than fruit to fortify myself for the visitation and funeral, especially after so little sleep. Don't know whether to count it as a cheat meal since it wasn't fruit but I did follow the food combining rules...

Tuesday lunch - Family get-together after the funeral. Jambalaya, roast beef po-boy "finger sandwich," and a brownie. (cheat meal)

Tuesday supper - Steak, sauteed mushrooms, broccoli, decaf coffee.

I don't think I did too bad considering. It was a 2-hour drive each way and we were gone a total of about 24 hours, including eating on the way out of town and on the way back.

And Monday before we left, we found our tamest budgie dead in the cage :-(

So yeah, a rough few days...

I'm looking forward to eating normal tomorrow! Time to get back on track!

No comments:

Post a Comment