Sunday, January 2, 2011

The Quest for Shoes...

I know what shoes I want. For various reasons, I decided on the Vibram Fivefingers KSO. If anyone wants to know why, leave a comment asking :)

The problem is, I'm having a hard time finding them! Stores around here are running out and haven't been able to get more in. There was a store open today that had some that were too big but I tried them on to get a feel for whether I would like them or not. They will take some getting used to, but I think they will work really well for me! I tried on a pair of the Classic style but even though the shoe itself was too big, they were too tight across the top. Didn't want them anyway LOL The store called their other location an hour away but they didn't have any in the 3-size range I measured.

There are two other stores in town that carry them. I'll be calling both tomorrow to see if they have any in my size. I may end up trying other cities (about 1 hour away in opposite directions from each other). Something I read was getting them from amazon.com and returning them if they didn't fit. I guess that would be my last choice but it may be the only one...

Jesse tried on a couple styles too. And liked them! He preferred the Sprints. So we're also looking for some in his size. We won't be getting them yet, but if he finds what size he is, we can order them when we have the money.

We did get a watch today though to time intervals - a Timex Ironman. Jesse had one years ago but it didn't "take a licking and keep on ticking" forever ;)

3 comments:

  1. Have you run in minimalist shoes before? I go the opposite direction with super shock-absorption (sp?). I have Adidas Supernova Sequence. The fivefingers look so cool though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never run before! But I am barefoot as much as possible ;-) So I don't think it'll be much of an adjustment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to check out those shoes. I'm in need of a new pair as well. I don't think I've worn anything except Keens for my main shoes for the last four or five years.

    ReplyDelete