Thursday, January 20, 2011

C25k - Day 4 (Wednesday)

I decided to do Week 1 again since it had been a week and a half since my last workout. So glad I did! I may only get 2 in this week, but I'm okay with that.

I didn't feel energetic when I started but I didn't feel devoid of energy either. I did the same route I had been.

The first hiccup came when I looked down during my first running interval to see how long I had left... and the watch was still set from timing my 5-minute warm-up walk :( I had forgotten to switch it to the interval timer. So I ran 30-40 seconds (I'm guessing), realized my mistake, walked for the brief time it took me to reset the watch, then went straight into running the first interval. That may have had something to do with the struggle I had completing the workout, but it could also have been being gone all day Tuesday, ending with a 2-hour Walmart trip. Or not sleeping good the night before, and only getting about 5 hours the night before that...

I started struggling the 4th or 5th interval. And my hamstrings BURNED! But only for that interval. After that, I took it real slow. I was so tempted to walk the rest of the course but I completed all the intervals! The last few jogs were slower than my walks I think but I did them :p I couldn't have done too badly though - I still finished the 1 1/4 mile before the last interval finished :)

I took my usual 5-10 minutes to stretch after (it really does help my soreness later!) and I was still a bit out of breath when I got home. Even with taking those last intervals so slowly.

It was a bit discouraging to struggle that much, but I'm encouraged that I stuck with it!

Next run planned for Friday...

No comments:

Post a Comment