Monday, December 27, 2010

Meat & Veggie "Meat Cheats"

Friday for lunch I threw this together and it was so good! I use 93/7 ground meat and it came out really juicy! I call them Meat Cheats because it's how I've cooked meatballs for years ;-) I think next time I'll do the same thing with mushrooms. I wonder what other veggies would be good in them...

MEAT & VEGGIE "MEAT CHEATS"

1 lb 93/7 ground beef
12 oz frozen green beans
Seasonings (I used my homemade Greek seasoning)

Cook green beans until almost desired tenderness. Drain if needed. Pulse in food processor until chopped very finely. Add meat and seasonings. Pulse just until mixed.

Pat into a rectangular glass baking dish (mine's approx 8x10). Microwave, covered, for 5 minutes at 50% power. Remove from microwave. Cut into 4 equal pieces in pan and flip each over. Resume cooking at 50% for 3-5 minutes or until cooked through. Let cool for a few minutes then cut as desired.

You can also make the meat mixture into patties and cook like a burger.

1 comment:

  1. You can use squashes and root vegetables work really well for mixing with ground meat too, and mushrooms although they're not a veggie of course :). The family never knows what I've hidden in their meatloaf, meatballs, and burgers - bwahahahaha! :)

    ReplyDelete