Friday, May 28, 2010

Me Time!

I got some time to myself today!!! Jesse watched the boys and I got out of the house. Some of the time was running errands, but not all. I did some clothes shopping since I could try stuff on. I ended up with some denim shorts and 2 shirts. I now own exactly 1 pair of shorts that fit me :-P The shirts are just casual but I have very few shirts that fit me either. Most of the ones I have show my bra when I hold Gabriel. Not cool! I spent a total of 20 dollars plus tax on all 3 items :-)

I also got a new cookbook. It took forever to find what I was looking for - vegetarian/vegan, little or no soy (since we don't eat it), and not a lot of tomatoes. The one I ended up buying has all the recipes marked as vegan, lacto-, ovo- so it'll be easy to find a vegan one at a glance. And I can modify a lot of the others. I haven't looked through a lot of it yet but I'm looking forward to having new recipes to try!

Breakfast - banana
Lunch - usual
Snack - bagel w/butter
Supper - Amy's black bean burrito, frozen onion rings (name brand but they barely even tasted like onion!)
Dessert later - Ghirardelli square

3 comments:

  1. Yay for me time!

    What cookbook did you get? I'm going to need something if I have to go dairy & soy free for Bubby's sake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was the last of about 30 that I looked through :-P I'll get the name of it for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1001 Low-fat Vegetarian Recipes http://www.amazon.com/Low-Fat-Vegetarian-Recipes-Easy-Make/dp/1572840838/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1275255372&sr=8-1
    I used the Amazon link because I see it has a Look Inside icon so you can take a peek at it online :-)

    ReplyDelete