Sunday, May 9, 2010

If I Needed Confirmation...

... that I need to be eating the way I have been, I got it today! I ate an early supper and it was a cheat meal. It was yummy! It's Mother's Day after all! I ate supper and then it was a few hours before I had dessert. About an hour after dessert, I had to run to the bathroom and had a bit of an upset stomach. It's been 6 hours since supper, almost 3 since dessert, and it feels like the food is just sitting in my stomach... I have a slight ache in my tummy as if it's protesting. I felt okay till after dessert. I wonder if it took that long for supper to register as yucky or if dessert didn't sit well or if the combination of the two is what did it.

Either way, my stomach is rebelling! I'm looking forward to my chicken and salad for lunch tomorrow :-)

Breakfast - 1/2 cup dutch chocolate almondine coffee w/demarara and 1/2 and 1/2, pear later, raisins later
Lunch - 1 waffle (1/3 batch) w/butter - Bisquick batter
Supper - (frozen) boneless whole chicken stuffed with crawfish and rice dressing (I ate breast meat + stuffing), homemade macaroni and cheese (Barilla Plus pasta, 2% cheddar)
Dessert - Boston Cream Pie

I had spring mix in the fridge to go with supper but didn't eat any.

So let's see... How did I violate my eating plan tonight? Let me count the ways...

1. Mixed carbs with proteins
2. Not one but FOUR proteins - chicken, crawfish, cheese, milk
3. No veggies
4. No salad today
5. Dessert combined carb and protein (milk in pudding) plus ate too much of it

I definitely feel the difference in my body... Like I said, I'm looking forward to my chicken and salad for lunch tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment