Monday, May 24, 2010

Crockpot Chicken Breasts

I don't remember if I posted this or not...

It started with a recipe for a crockpot turkey breast. And I still do it that way sometimes. But the only way I can buy it is frozen, which means waiting days for it to thaw. Plus I've been finding chicken breasts on sale!

The original recipe called for fresh rosemary, which I had never tried. I discovered I'm not too fond of it... We like this way much better!

Crockpot Chicken Breasts

Place about 5 lbs bone-in chicken breasts in a large crockpot. Sprinkle about 1 tbsp brown sugar over them. Cut a small handful of garlic cloves in half and sprinkle over chicken. Then sprinkle a small handful of black peppercorns on top. Cover and cook until tender.

You don't need to add water because it will release its own juices as it cooks. It ends up cooking in its own broth.

Super easy, super yummy, cheap, and it makes a lot! We love to use the chicken in salads for lunch. I usually cook it for Sunday lunch. I start it Saturday night before bed, and when we get home from church, we're welcomed by a fabulous smell!

No comments:

Post a Comment