Sunday, June 13, 2010

Week-Long Chinese Detox

I had detox symptoms all week... Headaches, claustrophobia, upset stomach, etc. It peaked last night. My stomach was bothering me so much! My bowels were a little loose but I was in pain! The pain was from gas I think (I took a gas pill this morning and have expelled gas all day today). At one point I thought I was starting with a gallbladder attack because it hurt so much :-( But soon after that it eased up. I had sucked on some chewable papaya and that seemed to help. When I got up this morning my stomach was still bothering me some but not bad. Sunday is the morning I always have 1/2 cup of coffee but not today. I ate an organic banana and even it threatened to upset my stomach! Later I ate some dried papaya and it did okay. I ate lunch and supper and so far so good... I think it took a full week to detox all the MSG etc in the Chinese food, and last night it finally cleared out of my system.

Breakfast - banana, dried papaya later
Lunch - homestyle buffet (cheat)
Supper - fries w/mayo and ketchup, salad (Romaine, carrots) w/honey mustard

My honey mustard salad dressing isn't tasting as good to me lately. I bought some dijon mustard and honey today. There are a few recipes I have to make it from scratch so I might try one this week... Would definitely be healthier!

No comments:

Post a Comment