Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Cinnamon Roll Pancakes

This is an approximation of what I did...

1 recipe homemade whole grain pancake mix (1 cup dry mix) made according to directions
Add in:
About 1 tbsp. sugar
About 1 1/2 tbsp. melted butter
LOTS of cinnamon
Salt

Cook as usual. Drizzle with sauce. I took a spoon and dipped it in the sauce, shook off the excess, and put a very thin layer on each pancake using what was left on the spoon.

Sauce:
Powdered sugar
Milk
Vanilla
Salt
Cinnamon

Combine sugar and milk to a very thin consistency. Add rest of ingredients and microwave to melt the sugar. Mix well.

NOTE: I used rice milk for the pancakes and sauce

2 comments:

  1. Those sound delicious! I was even more excited to read you used rice milk :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use rice milk in all my pancakes and waffles :-) Try your favorite pancake recipe substituting coffee for the milk. YUM! I used decaf btw. Ethan LOVED them!

    ReplyDelete