Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Misc + food

The boys are I are fighting colds :( Mine isn't bad with using the neti pot, but both of them are sneezing and a bit congested.

I got something productive done related to food today. I organized all my spices! It had been a looooong time since it had been done, and I found FOUR opened containers of onion powder, THREE of paprika, etc. What a mess :P But now they're all labeled on the lids and in alphabetical order :) Hopefully no more duplicates after this!

I ate a "mushroom burger" for lunch. Homemade hamburger patty with sauteed mushrooms ;) Even though it was lean (93/7 ground beef), it had a lot more fat than my usual chicken breast. Plus the mushrooms had some fat. And I didn't get hungry till suppertime! I wonder if I need to increase my fat at lunch and see how I do... The only reason I snacked before supper was because we had a severe thunderstorm on the way and it was so dark outside that I knew we could lose power anytime till it passed. So supper was a little late. So I ate something to hold me over.

Breakfast - banana
Lunch - hamburger patty, sauteed mushrooms (butter and olive oil), spring mix salad w/honey mustard and dijon, Ghirardelli square
Before supper - granola bar
Supper - mashed potatoes, corn w/butter, cookie

No comments:

Post a Comment