Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Craving...

You know it's going to be an imperfect food day when you wake up to feed the baby at 3am and can't get back to sleep because you're craving a mushroom swiss burger :P But I figured out why I've been craving mushrooms, and the burger today. I Google'ed what vitamins and minerals mushrooms are high in and found out something very interesting. They're a good source of some of the B vitamins and zinc. If I don't take a B supplement, I have nerve issues. I take the supplement, and they go away. I'm still trying to build my B back up from when I was on the absolute minimum supplements. If I miss a couple days, I start having problems. And the biggie... I know my zinc is low. It's making my rosacea flare up, and I have other symptoms as well. So it makes total sense that I've been craving shrooms off and on for months! As for the burger, I've had to ration my iron the past few days. So that makes sense too - red meat is a great source of iron. And a mushroom swiss burger is one of my favorite foods anyway! So that's what the craving was about today...

Breakfast - banana
Lunch - (Chili's) mushroom swiss burger on wheat bun w/mayo, fries w/ketchup, broccoli/carrots, brownies
Supper - salad (Romaine) w/homemade honey mustard, toasted whole wheat bun w/butter

No comments:

Post a Comment