Monday, June 28, 2010

George's Aloe Saves the Day!

It could've been a BAD situation... Tonight while cooking supper I had 2 burners of my small stove on. The front left one was on high (boiling water to cook pasta), back right one on medium. I was in a hurry to do something in the living room and I tripped over the stool Ethan had been using to "help" me cook. I was definitely going to land on the floor - NOT GOOD with my ankles and knees! Reflex made me grab something to keep from falling. Unfortunately what I reached back and grabbed was the stovetop :( I immediately stuck my hand in the freezer on something frozen. I held it there for a few seconds then grabbed the bottle of George's Aloe gel I keep in the kitchen for burns. I slathered a thick coat on the bottom half of my hand where I had touched the hot stove.

Tonight it's a bit sensitive, but looking at my hand you'd never know I had burned it! That stuff WORKS!!!

When I was about 13, I was at my grandma's and someone tripped carrying a hot cup of coffee and it spilled all down my back. She had a huge aloe plant outside so someone grabbed a big leaf and we put it on my back right away. Half an hour later the burn was gone! We always used aloe leaves for burns growing up but this gel is as good or better than the actual leaves! Not the cheapest stuff, but right now, as I sit here with my hand NOT hurting, I can say it's worth every penny...

No comments:

Post a Comment