Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Today's Meals + Iron Dosage

Breakfast - banana
Lunch - baked chicken in the usual salad
Supper - whole grain pumpkin waffles (will post recipe eventually)

I started back on my iron today! When I was first diagnosed with anemia I was put on 1 tbsp iron in the morning and 1 tbsp at night for 1-2 weeks, then 1 tbsp once a day. Sometime before getting pregnant with Gabriel I ended up back on 2 tbsp a day. During the pregnancy I ended up having to increase it to 1 1/2 tbsp in the morning and 1 tbsp at night. Even then my level was low normal when I did my gestational diabetes screen. I kept taking 2 1/2 tbsp postpartum to get my level back up. I had just dropped back down to 2 tbsp when I had to start rationing it. So today I went back to 2 1/2 tbsp and will do that for at least a week. Then I'll reassess and see where to go from that point. I'm pretty good at reading my body. Especially where my iron level is! And I can't OD on it in this form so no danger there.

Hoping it kicks in really fast...

No comments:

Post a Comment