Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Rough Day...

Well, it started good. Then this afternoon I was getting something by the door and it bumped our fire extinguisher and it discharged. All over the entryway. And the draft from our doorway blew a cloud of the substance into the living room where the majority of it settled on Ethan and Gabriel's toys... What a nightmare!

I've got most of it cleaned up from the entryway. Living room is vacuumed. Most of the toys have been cleaned. I did the ones that had to be wiped down with a washcloth. Jesse will do the others in the tub later, along with cleaning the entryway better.

Apparently the pin in the fire extinguisher had come out. No idea how that happened... So all it took was a bump to the handle for it to discharge. We immediately opened the door and window to air out the room as much as possible. And I called the office to see what to do to clean up. They brought me another fire extinguisher very soon after I called so we do have a good one again!

After hours of clean-up, supper was a joke. I ate leftovers (cheat), and ordered something for Jesse and Ethan. There was just no other way to do it :-(

Between washing my hands so many times and them staying wet while wiping down the toys etc, they feel dry and raw tonight. The chemicals in our water and I don't get along...

I have some chicken in the fridge I need to prep and freeze. I was supposed to do that today but with the fiasco this afternoon it didn't get done. I hope it's still good tomorrow! I did get the leftover boiled crawfish peeled and frozen. Two pounds of meat! Yeah! They probably have a fettuccine in their future ;-) Anyone have a good recipe?

Breakfast - banana
Lunch - usual
Before supper - Twix (fun or snack size)
Supper - mushroom Swiss burger on wheat bun w/mayo, fries w/ketchup, cheese bread, piece of turtle cheesecake

Can you tell I really didn't care tonight?! Oh well... Tomorrow's another day...

1 comment: