Sunday, April 18, 2010

Correlation?

Facts:

1. Fall 2006 - after months of increasing fatigue, started to notice symptoms of low thyroid
2. October 2006 - hair analysis revealed very low iron levels
3. Iron deficiency affects numerous hormone levels
4. Iron deficiency can cause hypothyroidism (under-functioning thyroid)
5. After taking angstrom iron for a short time, my thyroid symptoms disappeared (and I got pregnant after trying for over 2 years)
6. One of the functions of the thyroid is to regulate metabolism
7. When I reduce the amount of iron I take, my symptoms start to come back

I've been rationing my iron (ie taking a smaller dose) for about 6 weeks. The past couple weeks I have barely taken it at all. I can tell my anemia is back... And the number on the scales hasn't changed in 2 months...

So what's my point?

Theory:
Low iron -> low thyroid -> low metabolism -> cessation of weight loss

What do y'all think??? Correlation?

Seriously, please leave me some feedback and let me know what you think...

1 comment:

  1. Could be for sure... but also when you have a big weight loss the plateau can last forever as well. The only thing you can do is after you are able to take the iron you can see for sure. Regardless, I have no doubt you will lose more weight if you stay on the track you are on. I long to lose weight and can't. It is very discouraging for me. Praise God for every single pound you lose.

    ReplyDelete