Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Another Sleepless Night... (TMI)

I was having weird borderline bad dreams for the second night in a row. Involving food and invading armies and who knows what else :-P I woke up about 230 and was having a little trouble breathing. It only took me a minute to realize it was gas. If I have a big gas bubble it'll make me feel like that. I helped along a burp, released some out of the other end as well, and felt better briefly. I started feeling like I needed to go to the bathroom. So I got up and headed in there.

Let's just say that by the time I stumbled out half an hour later it hadn't been a pretty sight... My needing to poo turned into diarrhea and when that was almost done the puking started :-( I was able to reach the measuring cup I keep in the bathroom for my neti pot so I was able to get some water to rinse out my mouth without getting up since I didn't dare chance getting up. I stayed put a few minutes and everything seemed to be done for a bit. My throat was burning from the vomit being so acidic. I went to the kitchen and fixed some baking soda water and that helped the burning.

During all this Gabriel had woken up and he was starting to fuss. Jesse was asleep in the recliner so I took Gabriel to him and headed back to the bathroom just in case the baking soda water didn't stay down. It threatened but so far so good. I also took the opportunity to grab my warm robe. I hadn't planned on being in the bathroom long so I didn't put it on and I was cold! Ever sit on the toilet with it coming out of both ends while trying to stay warm wrapped in a bath towel?! Let me assure you - it doesn't work too well :-P

It's been a little over an hour now since I first woke up. I'm sucking on some papaya tablets while laying in bed with an extra blanket on and a trash can next to me. I still feel like I could return to the bathroom any second for either end. And I've had this lump of what I guess is sinus mucus stuck in my throat since I puked. Yuck.

My first thought was that all this is my gallbladder acting up. But then I realized my gallbladder isn't bothering me at all! Not so much as a twinge. That's really unusual for when I have an upset stomach. Usually whenever something's going on with my stomach, it irritates my gallbladder. Hmmm... That's a good sign! Definitely something positive in the midst of a lot of yuckiness!

-----------

415am - Laying back down. Poor Gabriel... I was feeding him and had to get up and bring him to Jesse and make a mad dash. Nothing for a minute then liquid :-( At least I didn't puke again! I'm starting to wonder if there's mucus in my throat or it's just swollen and irritated from the acidic vomit? I don't feel like my stomach's done yet but I hope I'm wrong... At least I'm not as nauseous as I was!

-----------

730 - Made it a few hours... I woke up right before Gabriel (Jesse still has him) just in time to fix a bottle for them and head back to the bathroom. Thought I was done, then barely made it back to the bedroom before having to run back in here :-( Sigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment