Saturday, September 18, 2010

Yummy New Supper

I tried something new at supper - I made a white sauce from rice milk, cornstarch, and sauteed mushrooms. It was so yummy! It would be good over rice, pasta, biscuits, meat, even some veggies. I had a single pie crust in the fridge that was getting ready to expire so I cut it into wedges but left it whole and baked it. We crumbled the pie crust wedges over the sauce and ate it like a thick soup. Mmmmm... Jesse said he could eat it every week! So now I just need to figure out what to put it over next time :)

Breakfast - plum
Lunch - chicken salad in Romaine; Ghirardelli square
Snack - banana
Supper - Mushroom White Sauce; pie crust wedges; few leftover chocolate chip pancakes w/Reddi-Wip

3 comments:

  1. Are you serious? Mushroom White Sauce with pie crust wedges? Ewwwww..... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kinda like a deconstructed pot pie ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not like the pie crust was sweet LOL

    ReplyDelete