Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Ring Size

When we got married in 96, I wore a size 7. My engagement ring is also a 7. My class ring from 92 is a 7. My amethyst I got somewhere around 2000 is an 8 but I had worn it with a sizer for a few years. I never used to take off my wedding set and it wasn't uncomfortable so I never got it resized.

I haven't worn my wedding set since it fell off earlier this year (I wear my band on a necklace with my cross and the boys' charms). Today my mom was looking at rings at a store and I noticed the rings you try to see what size you are were right there. So I asked if I could use it while the saleslady helped my mom.

My ring size is currently... Between a 5 1/2 and 6! I thought my fingers were looking slender lately but WOWZERS! Now to have the rest of my body catch up ;-)

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Way to go fingers ;)

    As you know, I'm in the same boat with ring size. I have no idea what size I need to get, but I'm bummed I haven't been able to wear them lately. I should get a necklace like you have -- good idea! Except P is really into grabbing the necklines of my shirts and I'm sure a necklace would be oh-so enticing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only wear the necklace when I go somewhere because it's Gabriel's favorite toy :-P I miss wearing my rings because I'm one of those people who NEVER took them off! Just when I had my leg surgery and before both births till the postpartum swelling went down enough. So it's really weird not to have them on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @~semi-crunchy mama~: here is a site you can measure ring size at home : http://findmyringsize.com

    ReplyDelete