Saturday, April 2, 2011

New Feathered Friend

Anyone who knows me IRL knows we have birds! We have cockatiels and budgies (what most people refer to as parakeets although there are many species of parakeets). Today we added a new member to our flock:

She's a Rosy Bourke's Parakeet. Ever since we lost Kiwi (our lone living room budgie), we've missed having a bird in the room the boys and I hang out in. We had the opportunity to get her today and took advantage of it! Even though she wasn't handfed, she's very easy-going and I think if we want we'll be able to tame her :) She's adjusting really well to being here, and isn't scared when the boys or I go near her cage. I say she, but it's impossible to tell males from females except by DNA testing. It's a pink bird, I say it's a she ;)

And what does this have to do with my health? It's emotionally beneficial for me to have a feathered friend to hang out with in there again!

No comments:

Post a Comment