Saturday, April 23, 2011

2:45 am

Let me catch you up on the past few hours...

Gabriel took a long late nap. He didn't go to sleep till after midnight. Soon after that we got a call from my mom that my 5 week old nephew had fallen and was in the NICU with a skull fracture and bruise on the brain.

Well, a lot of my body's stress reaction is with my digestive system. I'm sure the stress is what made the next couple hours so difficult. Everything is magnified when I'm stressed out. I was texting back and forth with my mom and best friend. And praying. And my stomach kept feeling worse and worse. The nausea was horrible! That awful morning sickness type that would feel better if you could just puke and get it over with. Even if you only feel better for a few seconds you think it would be worth it. In addition I felt like my body was gearing up for, well, an emptying of mass proportions :p

And then... About 2:30am it hit...

I was still awake. I had to make a mad dash to the bathroom which thankfully is just right across the hall. I sat with an empty bucket because I knew I likely would need it. Thankfully I didn't!

When it was all over with, I could see a few small stones. It definitely worked! I still felt really nauseous so I ate a few crackers. I went back to bed and went to sleep shortly after.

No comments:

Post a Comment