Saturday, October 2, 2010

Farm Tour

We took a group tour today of a local organic farm. We started at the tilapia ponds and ended at the garden. We also saw chickens, turkeys, and cows. One of the cows was so sweet! She came to us and let us pet her etc :-) It was so strange to see chickens running around the cows' legs like they owned the pasture! I guess you could say they co-inhabit it during the day ;-) I walked most of the tour with Gabriel in the Moby Wrap using the hip carry. It was a challenge over all the uneven ground! Jesse and Ethan opted for the hayride, as did I for the long walk to where it ended. It was neat getting to see all the animals just roaming within their huge fenced-in areas without a care in the world. We didn't scare them - they're perfectly used to people being around. The garden was smaller than I pictured it but the rest was bigger than I anticipated. I look forward to doing another tour sometime in the future :-)

Breakfast - banana
Lunch - turkey in usual salad
Supper - shroom and pepper pasta (only had a small bowl left); potato w/butter and S&P; iced coffee (what was left from last night)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds fun! One of our local farms used to do a Farm Tots program weekly...a program for toddlers and preschoolers. I was so bummed when they discontinued it this year.

    ReplyDelete