Saturday, February 26, 2011

Hormone Issues... Again

I had cramps the day I started. For the first time in a while. Not unbearable, but I spent most of the day sitting in the recliner because they weren't as bad when I was sitting. About day 15, I started feeling like I was PMS'ing - sore boobs, not sleeping, anxiety, exaggerated emotions, etc.

So when I picked up my supplements yesterday, I talked to my natural health place about it. I've been taking their wild yam extract (natural progesterone) days 12-26 of my cycle per their recommendation. They helped me muscle test (will post how to do it in another post eventually) my dosage, and I tested at a dosage of less than half of what I had been taking! So starting last night I went down on my dosage.

It should only take a few days to see if it helps. My body is super-sensitive to anything I put in it, so it makes sense that the dosage I was on may be too much for me now. They said my hormone levels are likely re-stabilized from the pregnancy and that my body may be soon making enough progesterone on its own. Which would be nice! I'd rather not have to take anything, even if it is natural. But since I need it right now, I'm really glad I have this formula as an alternative to synthetic hormones :)

No comments:

Post a Comment