Friday, February 12, 2010

Two Steps Forward, One Step Back

I was warned it would take a few months for my gallbladder to heal and this week proved it!

Tuesday I was at the grocery store and I was craving junk food. I ended up bringing home some brownie bites - the ones they make fresh in the bakery. They tasted sooo good to me! I snacked on them all night. Big mistake...

I don't know if it was the chocolate or the sugar or another ingredient but something sent my gallbladder into spasms :-( It hurt. Not the excruciating pain I normally get with my gallbladder, but bad enough that I couldn't sleep. I finally got to sleep about 345am. I don't know if the mint tea helped (mint is a natural antispasmodic) or if it was just time but the pain finally eased.

Of all days for it to happen, I had to be up early Wednesday and was gone almost the whole day! My gallbladder was still bothering me a bit so I just ate fruit all day. Yesterday I ate regular food but very lowfat. Today I plan on eating normally. Hoping it goes well...

No comments:

Post a Comment