Saturday, February 27, 2010

Back on track :-)

For starters, I ate breakfast, which I haven't been doing! Lunch was sirloin steak cooked medium rare in my cast iron skillet (seasoned it with Essence and Mrs. Dash steak grill seasoning), cut up in a huge salad of Romaine, with a sliced green onion and honey mustard dressing. Supper - Chili "Burger" on whole wheat bun with mayo, and fries (bag of frozen, baked in the oven) dipped in ketchup and mayo.

My discovery of the day... Frozen fries aren't that high in fat! One serving was 130 cals, 30 fat cals. Not bad! I baked them on a cookie sheet sprayed with olive oil Pam, and sprayed them lightly at the end before sticking them under the broiler for a bit to crisp them. Of course they weren't as good as if I would've fried them, but they were very satisfying, and lots healthier! Went great with my "burger" too :-)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting a comment on my blog. Your timing is perfect. I really needed it. The enemy is working overtime tonight. Will blog about that. You are doing fantastic as well. Keep up the good work. Hope you feel better soon from your cold. Love you!

    ReplyDelete