Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Another Cheat Meal, and a Yummy Lunch!

Last night we went to my in-laws' for supper. I knew we were having gumbo so I ate my carb meal at lunch, planning on just eating the chicken and juice from the gumbo for supper. Well... By the time we ate, I was so hungry! Not only did I eat my gumbo with rice, I had some potato salad too! And I had zero veggies all day :-( I will say, my cheat meal was definitely worth it! And I did pass up the ice cream and cookies for dessert :-)

Today I am determined to do better! I changed my mind twice about what I was fixing for lunch but ended up cooking some steaks in my cast iron skillet, with a lot of sauteed mushrooms and red bell peppers (done in the skillet separately) to go with them.

And what did I learn from yesterday's experience? My body responds much better to eating my protein meal at lunch rather than a carb meal! Carb meal for lunch = more hungry at supper = more likely to cheat!

No comments:

Post a Comment