Sunday, April 29, 2012

Cradle Cap

Gabriel didn't have cradle cap as a young baby. I don't even know when it started. I'm guessing, knowing what I do now, that it made its appearance sometime after he turned a year because that's when he decided solids were a good thing ;)

At his 18-mth checkup, I asked the pedi if him still having it was a concern. I thought it might indicate some kind of immune deficiency. I knew it wasn't normal. My momma gut told me there was a specific reason for it. The pedi said that cradle cap wasn't as common at his age but that there wasn't any underlying reason for it. He said it wouldn't go away unless I used a dandruff shampoo once or twice. He said I could try mineral oil instead if I was more comfortable with that. Soon after, I let his baby shampoo soak into his scalp for a long while and then loosened the cradle cap and combed it out. His scalp was clear! But it didn't last :(

I started researching more online. I KNEW there was a reason... Finally I started finding sites that anecdotally linked cradle cap to food allergies/intolerances. This was one of the things that led me to doing the wheat-free trial.

Last night I checked when I washed his hair to see how it was doing...

Happy tears! It's almost GONE!!!

Two and a half months of being GF, it's clearing up on its own! Coincidence? I don't think so :D

It makes me wonder what healing is happening inside his body that I can't see. And inside Ethan's. And inside mine.

I'm so thankful that God put it on my heart to go GF!

I had another revelation about a problem food for Ethan this past week, but I'll save that for another post when I can get to it...

No comments:

Post a Comment