Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Sooo...

I ordered pizza tonight. Our usual Papa John's - chicken, beef, lots of veggies, very little sauce. It's the first wheat we've had in 9 days. I had planned on coming off the wheat fast with homemade bread, but circumstances were such that that didn't happen...

So how did we do?
Me - so far so good but it's early
Jesse - seems fine (but I had no concerns with him)
Ethan - I noticed a while after he ate that he looked a bit bloated. Later he told me his stomach "felt weird." He had me try to describe it but nothing I could come up with described it to his satisfaction. After we came to bed, he had a loud, long, um, expulsion of gas. I asked if his tummy felt better after and he said yes.
Gabriel - BOUNCED. OFF. THE. WALLS. He COULD NOT control himself :( I ended up having to put my arm a few inches above him in bed to keep him somewhat laying down till he settled down. This was no ordinary hyperactivity... It's like he was high...

Sooo...

We're going wheat-free another couple weeks. Well, the boys are. I'll be out of town a few days next week at a retreat and won't have much control over what I'm eating. But other than that I'll be wheat-free. And next time we'll come off the wheat fast with homemade bread.

Hoping and praying it was something other than the obvious in the pizza that affected the boys but I'm not optimistic.

Trying to wrap my mind around what I'm afraid I'm realizing, and not be totally freaked out...

Almost forgot! I stepped on a scale yesterday. In the 8 days I had been wheat-free, I lost weight... Just a few pounds but it's the first time the scale has moved in almost two years... And the only "exercise" I did that week was 2 1/2 hours of wearing a 30ish lb toddler at Walmart...

No comments:

Post a Comment