Thursday, October 11, 2012

Where Did THAT Come From?!

Tuesday night I had my first gallbladder attack since March 2010 :( It wasn't terrible, but it definitely wasn't pleasant... I don't know what brought it on. I ate normal. I'm guessing it was just a perfect storm in my body - a month plus of major stress, lack of supplements, having a cold, time of the month, etc. It started with my stomach hurting, then after a while I knew it was my gallbladder. Late Tuesday night or Wednesday morning I could feel the stone in there.

Wednesday morning I headed to the store to get 2 days worth of apple cider. I was happy that they have the half gallons in the produce section this time of year :) Much cheaper than having to go to the health food store for it! I got my 64 oz in yesterday without too much trouble. I didn't eat anything. The thought of veggies without butter or OO was NOT appealing :p It was a rough day. Still sick with the end of a cold, no time to mentally prepare, not much sleep the night before...

This morning (Thursday) we had a home visit with Ethan's social worker. It was nice because it kept me mentally occupied for part of the morning. Physically I felt better earlier today than I had Wednesday. It helps knowing the worst of it will be over tonight! I've spent most of the day on the couch wrapped in my Snuggie. I ate a can of green beans earlier but that's it.

I need to go to the store in a bit to get the ingredients for the concoction and a few other things. Including whatever I want to eat tomorrow. Which means I need to figure out what I want to eat tomorrow :p

I'm definitely missing protein! But I'm more than that I'm missing fats. I think the fats are one thing my body really needs to function optimally. I was eating fairly high protein before so this is the first flush where I've had the opportunity to miss fats.

I was hoping to dissolve this (small) stone and get it out without doing the actual flush (and avoid the concoction) like I did a few years ago but it looks like that isn't going to happen :( But I was planning on doing a flush in November anyway. I didn't want to do one yet for various reasons but my body had other ideas...

No comments:

Post a Comment