Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Anniversary Crawfish Lunch

Jesse and I celebrated 16 years of marriage last week! I had some boiled crawfish tails in the freezer and knew I wanted to use them to make something special. Our anniversary was the perfect time :)

I looked at a few different creamy crawfish pasta recipes and decided to make up my own. Big surprise ;) The taste of the crawfish really comes through!

I used leftovers from a crawfish boil, so the tails were seasoned really well. If yours are not preseasoned, don't forget to spice them up!

ANNIVERSARY CRAWFISH LUNCH

16 oz pasta, cooked (I used spaghetti, broken into 1/2 inch pieces)
1 stick butter
3/4 c. chopped onion
2/3 c. chopped red bell pepper
1/2 c. chopped celery
2 chopped green onions
2 large cloves garlic, minced or pressed
3 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
2 lbs cooked crawfish tails
2 c. heavy cream

Melt butter over medium heat. Add onions, red bell peppers, and celery. Cook until almost soft. Add green onions and garlic. Cook for a few more minutes. Mix in crawfish, cream, and parsley. Heat through. Combine with pasta.


No comments:

Post a Comment