Saturday, July 21, 2018

Rice

NOTE: All g are net carbs

I usually eat a bit of carbs at lunch, unless I know I'm going to have carbs at supper. Balance!

Yesterday I had a shake before I went to work for a half day (around 12 g). Since I wasn't planning on eating a carby supper, for lunch I ate grits with cheese (22 g). The only other carbs I had were 1 tsp demerara in my coffee (4 g) and 1 square of Ghirardelli Twilight Delight (4 g).

Last night I ended up eating my favorite frozen dinner for supper (http://www.shopwell.com/full-circle-butter-chicken/poultry/p/3680036784). It is fairly healthy, with real ingredients. I add more chicken and a bit more cream. But... 42 g.

At 84, my total carb count for the day wasn't bad. Higher than usual, but not terrible by any means!

Before I ate last night, the swelling in my hands and feet had finally gone down for the first time since the episode Sunday night. When I woke up this morning, I'm swollen again :( Not nearly as bad as I was, but it's noticeable.

I've been trying to minimize rice. I've been saying that I don't tolerate it well. I think this is more evidence of that. I do okay with (GF) oats, grits, potatoes, etc.

I absolutely LOVE that frozen dinner! A friend who lives out of state recommended a butter chicken seasoning packet that looks like it has good ingredients (nothing I react to in it obviously). Once I find it in a store here, I'm going to try it, without rice.

For now, I'm going to continue keeping rice-based products to a minimum.

No comments:

Post a Comment