Friday, December 6, 2019

Lightbulb Moment...


I’m still gaining weight, despite eating healthy and my fitness tracker saying I’m walking 2.5 to 3+ miles just at work. When I get home from work, I’m exhausted. My hormones are messed up. My skin is dry. My brain has been getting foggier and foggier. I’ve been getting slight headaches. If I hurt myself, it’s taking a long time to heal. I’ve been worried that either this is getting older, or the autoimmune issues that run in my family are catching up to me.

Then I had a lightbulb moment while looking up something…

MY ANEMIA IS BACK. I haven’t had to take iron in a few years. But everything mentioned above, plus some other related issues, can all be symptoms of iron deficiency. I know I’ve had it before. But because it was causing my brain to not think the clearest, it didn’t even occur to me!

I found what looks like the iron supplement I used to take, which is the only one I tolerate well, and ordered it online. It shipped today, so hopefully it’ll be here soon! In the past, it’s taken a couple weeks to start feeling a real difference, and about a month for it to kick in fully.

This one “small" thing could explain all the health issues I’m having. If it’s what's behind everything, it's a simple fix that could make a huge difference in my day-to-day functioning. And make me more pleasant to be around ;)

Hoping and praying…

No comments:

Post a Comment