Friday, January 11, 2019

Tweaking

I've gained more weight :(

I'm trying to tweak things a bit with my eating. I considered some other options, but I think this is what I'll go with. I briefly thought about trying to go full keto, but it's just not realistic for me at this point, and on days when I don't get enough carbs, my blood sugar drops and I get lightheaded etc. So I'm trying to find that sweet spot.

1. Lowering my carbs at work (lunch/snacks) by 10-15g
2. Increasing fats more at lunch and the rest of the day

I'd like to do 1-2 higher carb (under 100g) days a week also. When I have the boys for the weekend, staying at my weekday carb level isn't realistic. Especially when at least once a month, they want a pasta meal! So my goal is to "allow" myself to eat a bit more carbs when they're with me, but still keep it around 100. I don't want to spend the limited time I have with them stressing about food, but I also don't want to blow off eating how I feel best. Under 150g is considered low carb from what I've read, so I am still under that.

I've been under a lot of stress and haven't been sleeping enough, and I know that doesn't help! Along with eating more carbs over the holidays.

One positive thing... I'm smaller at this weight than I was last time I was here (9 years ago). I think it's partially from eliminating gluten, partially that I have more muscle tone. But I'm not close to a healthy weight. I carry it fairly well (I don't look like I weigh 175 lbs at 5'2"), but most of the gain has been in my stomach, which is definitely not healthy!

On another note... My Achilles still hasn't healed completely :( And it's been joined by tennis elbow (where did that come from???).

So that's my update...

No comments:

Post a Comment