Wednesday, June 6, 2018

A Few Things re my blood sugar levels

Someone asked about the blood sugar lows. Here was my response:
"There wasn't rhyme or reason for them at first. Other than I suspect they were chronic stress-related.
I've noticed the last 6 months or so that I've been able to keep it fairly stable if I don't eat a lot of carbs, unless I go many hours without eating. Once it goes low, I have trouble keeping it up the rest of the day unless I eat a good many carbs. Those are the only patterns I've noticed. Oh, it tends to drop if I get overheated or haven't had much sleep also."

I have noticed that rice affects me more than other carbs - both as far as inflammation and blood sugar levels.

The blood sugar lows were confirmed about 2.5 years ago by a diabetic friend who let me use an old meter she had. They weren't dangerously low, but my symptoms were very noticeable!

No comments:

Post a Comment