Saturday, December 28, 2013

Day 2

I woke up (after being up for an hour+ during the night) today to a mess! Our upstairs neighbors' dishwasher was leaking (as we found out later) and it was flooding our kitchen! The water was pouring in through the light fixture in the ceiling. It had filled one of the globes of the light, which got heavy and fell on the floor and shattered. So we had water and broken glass all over the kitchen floor! Called emergency maintenance number, and our maintenance guy was at our door in minutes. He went upstairs, figured out what was going on, came back down to let us know what to do, and said he'd be back Monday with a replacement globe.

So on top of being weak etc this morning, I had to clean up that mess :p Jesse couldn't help with his vision (he's legally blind) so it was up to me. I was panting by the time I was done!

Other than being weak and tired and cold, I'm doing okay. Tired of apple juice :p Still hurting a bit.

Looking forward to getting this over with and being able to eat tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment